A special offer in New Zealand only. BUY NOW! This book can be ordered for NZ$34.99 (includes GST, package and posting) through this website in New Zealand ONLY, while stocks last. All other orders go through Amazon or the publisher. The book is also available on Kindle.
Mentoring Minutes: Weekly Messages to Encourage Anyone Working with Youth is a user-friendly book which will be an encouragement to schools, youth workers, mentors, parents, teachers (educators), grandparents, employers of young people, indeed, anyone who wishes to see young people fulfill their potential.
What this book offers:
- A generic approach to youth mentoring.
- Five user-friendly daily messages for 52 weeks—includes one true story or feedback from mentors or mentees to show the practical application of the spirit of mentoring thoughts and ideas.
- Understanding key aspects of youth development from global research.
- An appreciation that there are a variety of mentoring approaches, dependent on the environment in which mentees are living.
- A reminder to adults that they sow the seeds of mentoring as they build meaningful relationships with youth, either formally or informally.
- Equipping mentors with knowledge, skills and strategies for the mentoring journey, which will include: understanding the world of youth; self-image; the impact of technology on youth; resiliency; goal setting; effective communication; values; how to resolve conflicts using a positive mindset; a growth mindset and the role of family and other networks in the lives of young people.
- True stories of mentoring experiences to encourage the mentors; quotes to inspire and motivate mentors.
- Help readers to realize that they can promote the spirit of mentoring in their daily interactions with others without having to commit to a specific youth mentoring program.