A special launch offer. BUY NOW! This book can be ordered for NZ$30 (includes package and posting) through this website in New Zealand ONLY, while stocks last. Contact me and I’ll send an invoice. Please include a delivery address. Once the invoice is paid, I’ll post off your copy of the book. All other orders go through Amazon or the publisher – compare prices on other online sales. The book is also available on Kindle.
Mentoring Minutes: Weekly Messages to Encourage Anyone Working with Youth is a user-friendly book which will be an encouragement to schools, youth workers, mentors, parents, grandparents, employers of young people, indeed, anyone who wishes to see young people fulfill their potential.
- A generic approach to youth mentoring.
- Five user-friendly daily messages for 52 weeks—includes one true story or feedback from mentors or mentees to show the practical application of the spirit of mentoring thoughts and ideas.
- Understanding key aspects of youth development from global research.
- An appreciation that there are a variety of mentoring approaches, dependent on the environment in which mentees are living.
- A reminder to adults that they sow the seeds of mentoring as they build meaningful relationships with youth, either formally or informally.
- Equipping mentors with knowledge, skills and strategies for the mentoring journey, which will include: understanding the world of youth; self-image; the impact of technology on youth; resiliency; goal setting; effective communication; values; how to resolve conflicts using a positive mindset; a growth mindset and the role of family and other networks in the lives of young people.
- True stories of mentoring experiences to encourage the mentors; quotes to inspire and motivate mentors.
- Help readers to realize that they can promote the spirit of mentoring in their daily interactions with others without having to commit to a specific youth mentoring program.